MLT stands for Medical Laboratory Technician. Healthcare professionals working in hospitals and laboratories. Do you want to know MLT salary in Pakistan 2023? Minimum, Maximum, and average salaries complete details are here.
Latest MLT Salary In Pakistan 2023
A few years back this profession was not so important in Pakistan. This profession is getting advanced as the increase in no of patients, hospitals, and laboratories in Pakistan.
Medical laboratory technicians are healthcare professionals but we can’t call them doctors. They work with physicians. A medical lab technologist can become a doctor by enrolling in medical colleges and completing their education in their chosen field.
Possible Jobs For MLT Graduates
Different kinds of jobs are available for MLT graduates in Pakistan.
- Laboratory technicians in government and private hospitals
- Laboratory technician in blood banks, pathology laboratories
- Lab supervisor
- Lab manager
- Lab Assistant
- Lab analyst
MLT Salary in Pakistan, (Minimum, Maximum, and average salaries)
Average MLT salary range:
MLT salary in Pakistan average range from:
- 23,500 PKR per month (minimum salary)
- 81,300 PKR per month (maximum salary).
Salary also depends on working institutes. Some labs and hospitals offer more than average salaries.
What are the eligibility criteria to pursue an MLT Program?
The candidate must score 55% marks or an equivalent grade in the intermediate examination.
They should also possess individual pass marks in both theory and practical in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
What Are The subjects for MLT Graduates?
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Genetics & Molecular Biology
- General Biochemistry
- Medical Mycology and Virology
- Medical Parasitology & Entomology
- General Pathology And Microbiology
- Basic Hematology
- Blood Banking & Blood Transfusion
- Fundamentals of Histopathology
- Immunology & Bacterial Serology
- Applied Histology
What is The Work of MLT in The hospital?
Medical laboratory technicians play a vital role in the effective diagnosis and treatment of patients. You are expected to collect samples and perform tests to support doctors and other medical professionals as they detect diseases and treat patients. This degree is offered in many universities and colleges in Pakistan.